Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Follow Jacqueline Hammond on WordPress.com
- Get Smart Deco Style with lighting by Smarty Lamps
- Get some Smart Deco Style with our range of Art Print Deckchairs
- Get some Smart Deco Style
- Too drunk to give stunted growth pissed and confused attitude to fuck. Down at the local Co-op
- Accelerationism: how a fringe philosophy predicted the future we live in – Sadie Plant / Cultural Studies Department, Birmingham University referenced in The Guardian today
Tagsacrylics art artist artists atmosphere auction beach beauty blue Brighton British buy celebrity charity cloud formations clouds coast colour commission deckchair designer eBay england exhibition family feminism festival fishing boat gallery garden homeware imagination jacqueline hammond Jag Gallery jubilee landscape light madeira drive mood oils outdoor living paint painter painting paints pebbles picture poppies poppy portrait possibilities press print progress queen reflection retail royals sea seafront seascape seaside sketch sketches sky spring Stars on canvas summer Summer Living sunrise sunset television war water willow foundation
Tag Archives: war
Very popular as fine art prints Smart Deco developed the print to produce designer art print fabric to make deckchairs, lampshades and cushions. The poppy is a striking motif and looks so vivid in this painterly style. Featured trend by … Continue reading
Let’s Play Peace Daddy – Anti-war art by Jacqueline Hammond Continue reading
Stop the war on … When the largest industry in the world is no longer War, I will accept Darwin’s theory of Evolution. ~Dale S. Mugford For me war has become a flat, black depression without highlights, a revulsion of … Continue reading
I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask, ‘Mother, what was war?’ Continue reading
The Signification of the Poppy’ series began with a painting created for a web based competition in 2007 – ‘Seeking Picasso’ in which I was a finalist.
In week 3 the theme was ‘A Troubled World’ and the painting I produced was inspired by the situation in Afghanistan at the time and the metaphor of the poppy and its association with war.
Here are some images of the preliminary work behind the piece: Continue reading