- WELCOME TO ARTBYJAXX
- “The Lines and the Circle” (2012) by Geta Bratescu
- Festival Highlights – Artists Open Houses 2018 – The Art on the Walls
- New Paintings on Saatchi Online – Zeros and Ones Series
- High Quality Visitors – Festival Highlights – Artists Open Houses 2018
- On the Fringe at Jaxx in a Box Brighton Artists Open Houses
Follow Jaxx on Social Media
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: war
Very popular as fine art prints Smart Deco developed the print to produce designer art print fabric to make deckchairs, lampshades and cushions. The poppy is a striking motif and looks so vivid in this painterly style. Featured trend by … Continue reading
Let’s Play Peace Daddy – Anti-war art by Jacqueline Hammond Continue reading
Stop the war on … When the largest industry in the world is no longer War, I will accept Darwin’s theory of Evolution. ~Dale S. Mugford For me war has become a flat, black depression without highlights, a revulsion of … Continue reading
I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask, ‘Mother, what was war?’ Continue reading
The Signification of the Poppy’ series began with a painting created for a web based competition in 2007 – ‘Seeking Picasso’ in which I was a finalist.
In week 3 the theme was ‘A Troubled World’ and the painting I produced was inspired by the situation in Afghanistan at the time and the metaphor of the poppy and its association with war.
Here are some images of the preliminary work behind the piece: Continue reading