Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Follow Jacqueline Hammond on WordPress.com
- Virtual Futures Collective
- Stelarc and Sellars – Virtual Futures Salon at the Victoria and Albert Museum
- Alternative Anatomies with Stelarc and Nina Sellars – Virtual Futures at the Victoria and Albert Museum
- Are Artists the New Interpreters of Scientific Innovation? – NYTimes.com
- Screenmancer | Venice Films Mostly Male & AFI 100 Movies List 2017, Not One by a Woman?
- cloud formations
- fishing boat
- jacqueline hammond
- Jag Gallery
- Local News - Brighton
- madeira drive
- Outdoor Furniture
- outdoor living
- Stars on canvas
- Summer Living
- willow foundation
Tag Archives: centenary
The Signification of the Poppy’ series began with a painting created for a web based competition in 2007 – ‘Seeking Picasso’ in which I was a finalist.
In week 3 the theme was ‘A Troubled World’ and the painting I produced was inspired by the situation in Afghanistan at the time and the metaphor of the poppy and its association with war.
Here are some images of the preliminary work behind the piece: Continue reading
The Discovery Museum in Newcastle will be exhibiting and selling my Poppy Cushions in their gift shop to coincide with World War One Centenary events. Continue reading