The seascape commission is underway! Before Christmas, I painted the sky in a blended graduation of predominantly colbalt blue and established the basic layout for the sea, beach and shoreline with the rocks suggesting a focal point. Although the early stages look very basic, it is surprising how influential they are. Even though the scene can be altered at any stage, these areas establish the composition and, personally, I rarely stray that far from these initial parameters. Casually sketched-in rocks become permenant features that guide the rest of the piece.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Follow Jacqueline Hammond on WordPress.com
- NOA 21st National Open – World Art Vote ends 28th August – Vote for my painting Life’s a Beach NOW!
- Life’s a Beach painting in 2nd round of NOA 21st National Open Art Competition: The Judging Process
- Take a closer look at my Life’s a Beach painting shortlisted for the 21st National Open Art Competition
- Life’s a Beach painting shortlisted for National Open Art Competition
- Quirky outdoor seating to make your garden look amazing
Tagsacrylics Art artist artists atmosphere auction beach beauty blue British buy celebrity Charity cloud formations clouds coast colour commission deckchair deckchairs designer eBay england exhibition family festival fishing boat gallery garden homeware imagination jacqueline hammond Jag Gallery jubilee landscape light Local News - Brighton madeira drive mood oils Outdoor Furniture outdoor living paint painter Painting paints pebbles picture poppies poppy portrait possibilities print progress queen reflection retail royals sea seafront seascape seaside sketch sketches sky spring Stars on canvas summer Summer Living sunrise sunset television war water willow foundation