The seascape commission is underway! Before Christmas, I painted the sky in a blended graduation of predominantly colbalt blue and established the basic layout for the sea, beach and shoreline with the rocks suggesting a focal point. Although the early stages look very basic, it is surprising how influential they are. Even though the scene can be altered at any stage, these areas establish the composition and, personally, I rarely stray that far from these initial parameters. Casually sketched-in rocks become permenant features that guide the rest of the piece.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Follow Jacqueline Hammond on WordPress.com
- Virtual Futures Collective
- Stelarc and Sellars – Virtual Futures Salon at the Victoria and Albert Museum
- Alternative Anatomies with Stelarc and Nina Sellars – Virtual Futures at the Victoria and Albert Museum
- Are Artists the New Interpreters of Scientific Innovation? – NYTimes.com
- Screenmancer | Venice Films Mostly Male & AFI 100 Movies List 2017, Not One by a Woman?
Tagsacrylics Art artist artists atmosphere auction beach beauty blue British buy celebrity Charity cloud formations clouds coast colour commission deckchair deckchairs designer eBay england exhibition family festival fishing boat gallery garden homeware imagination jacqueline hammond Jag Gallery jubilee landscape light Local News - Brighton madeira drive mood oils Outdoor Furniture outdoor living paint painter Painting paints pebbles picture poppies poppy portrait possibilities print progress queen reflection retail royals sea seafront seascape seaside sketch sketches sky spring Stars on canvas summer Summer Living sunrise sunset television war water willow foundation