I’ve spent the last couple days working late at the gallery and getting submerged in the sea! Painting the sea, that is! Despite the vast amount of reference material I’ve viewed, when painting, I am not referring to any other imagery. It’s all been about responding to the paint and creating a stunning scene that looks plausibly real yet has been completely invented. The images that have been absorbed and created in previous observations and studies give me ‘experience’and, therefore, the confidence to let the painting evolve in it’s own way. Its foundations are based on the client’s original vision and response to the sketches and material shown to him during the first consultation.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Follow Jacqueline Hammond on WordPress.com
- Alternative Anatomies with Stelarc and Nina Sellars – Virtual Futures at the Victoria and Albert Museum
- Are Artists the New Interpreters of Scientific Innovation? – NYTimes.com
- Screenmancer | Venice Films Mostly Male & AFI 100 Movies List 2017, Not One by a Woman?
- Handing in day painting Life’s a Beach shortlisted for judging in the National Art Open Competition
- Packaging Life’s a Beach painting ready for National Open Art Judging
Tagsacrylics Art artist artists atmosphere auction beach beauty blue British buy celebrity Charity cloud formations clouds coast colour commission deckchair deckchairs designer eBay england exhibition family festival fishing boat gallery garden homeware imagination jacqueline hammond Jag Gallery jubilee landscape light Local News - Brighton madeira drive mood oils Outdoor Furniture outdoor living paint painter Painting paints pebbles picture poppies poppy portrait possibilities print progress queen reflection retail royals sea seafront seascape seaside sketch sketches sky spring Stars on canvas summer Summer Living sunrise sunset television war water willow foundation