I think top left is the most pleasing composition, with a low horizon there’s that sense of space and distance. These are to scale but the actual painting is 200 x 130cm, that’s a lot of sky! Plenty of room for the starlings, which are a key part of the painting.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Follow Jacqueline Hammond on WordPress.com
- Are Artists the New Interpreters of Scientific Innovation? – NYTimes.com
- Screenmancer | Venice Films Mostly Male & AFI 100 Movies List 2017, Not One by a Woman?
- Handing in day painting Life’s a Beach shortlisted for judging in the National Art Open Competition
- Packaging Life’s a Beach painting ready for National Open Art Judging
- NOA 21st National Open – World Art Vote ends 28th August – Vote for my painting Life’s a Beach NOW!
Tagsacrylics Art artist artists atmosphere auction beach beauty blue British buy celebrity Charity cloud formations clouds coast colour commission deckchair deckchairs designer eBay england exhibition family festival fishing boat gallery garden homeware imagination jacqueline hammond Jag Gallery jubilee landscape light Local News - Brighton madeira drive mood oils Outdoor Furniture outdoor living paint painter Painting paints pebbles picture poppies poppy portrait possibilities print progress queen reflection retail royals sea seafront seascape seaside sketch sketches sky spring Stars on canvas summer Summer Living sunrise sunset television war water willow foundation