Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Follow Jacqueline Hammond on WordPress.com
- NOA 21st National Open – World Art Vote ends 28th August – Vote for my painting Life’s a Beach NOW!
- Life’s a Beach painting in 2nd round of NOA 21st National Open Art Competition: The Judging Process
- Take a closer look at my Life’s a Beach painting shortlisted for the 21st National Open Art Competition
- Life’s a Beach painting shortlisted for National Open Art Competition
- Quirky outdoor seating to make your garden look amazing
Tagsacrylics Art artist artists atmosphere auction beach beauty blue British buy celebrity Charity cloud formations clouds coast colour commission deckchair deckchairs designer eBay england exhibition family festival fishing boat gallery garden homeware imagination jacqueline hammond Jag Gallery jubilee landscape light Local News - Brighton madeira drive mood oils Outdoor Furniture outdoor living paint painter Painting paints pebbles picture poppies poppy portrait possibilities print progress queen reflection retail royals sea seafront seascape seaside sketch sketches sky spring Stars on canvas summer Summer Living sunrise sunset television war water willow foundation
Category Archives: Bite Sized Insights
Let’s Play Peace Daddy – Anti-war art by Jacqueline Hammond Continue reading
Originally posted on Jacqueline Hammond:
I was nagging myself to get on with emailing some jpegs instead of twittering on… but instead I just drew this. Literal thinking!
Would you like an unhappy meal or just a double cheeseburger? Continue reading
I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask, ‘Mother, what was war?’ Continue reading
The Signification of the Poppy’ series began with a painting created for a web based competition in 2007 – ‘Seeking Picasso’ in which I was a finalist.
In week 3 the theme was ‘A Troubled World’ and the painting I produced was inspired by the situation in Afghanistan at the time and the metaphor of the poppy and its association with war.
Here are some images of the preliminary work behind the piece: Continue reading
We’ve brought the beach to Glastonbury Festival. Here’s the view from the van at base camp in the Park. Right I’m going out there.
Been playing with my ongoing series, The Pebble Heads tonight. Possibly greetings cards! Possibly just for fun. This is where they’re at, a bit off the wall! Continue reading